Summertime means family vacations, and when you’re traveling with kids in tow, a little bit of planning can go a long way.
Make your family travels more enjoyable for everyone with the following travel must-haves…
- Umbrella stroller: A lightweight, collapsible stroller will keep you moving in airports and at your destination, plus they’re great for gate check.
- Baby carrier: Whether it’s a sling, front carrier, or framed backpack, a baby carrier is a must for hands-free travel.
- Car seat: Renting a car? Riding in a taxi? Don’t forget the car seat! You’ll need one when you reach your destination.
- Portable high chair: Bringing along your own baby seat helps make mealtimes a whole lot easier. Your best choice is one that folds to fit in a diaper bag.
- All-purpose cleaning wipes: Perfect for freshening up hands, faces, tables, and chairs on the go.
- Food storage: Sippy cups, bowls with lids, and snack containers are a must, and an insulated bottle bag keeps liquids the right temperature.
- Travel health kit: Be prepared for anything, and don’t forget to include a thermometer!
- Travel crib: The most important thing you’ll need is a safe and comfortable place for your child to sleep when you reach your destination. (And don’t forget the travel crib sheets!)
- Activities: Bring along plenty of interactive toys and activities to keep kids occupied. Choose toys that are quiet, easy to pack, and don’t have a lot of parts.
- Bring an unwashed blanket from home for your toddler or a sleep sack for your infant. Not only will the familiar smells of home be soothing, the sleep sack is the safest option for babies.